Why International Students love studying in Australia
More and more international students are choosing Australia as their study abroad destination. The International Education Advisory Council predicts a 30% rise in the number of international students studying in Australia within the next seven years.
Australia has a lot to offer international students, so peerTransfer has put together a list of some of the most unique aspects of studying abroad in Australia.
Education: Degrees obtained from Australian universities are recognized all over the world. The nation’s higher education industry is federally regulated, meaning the Australian government evaluates all universities in the country yearly to make sure they are maintaining their high standards.
Educational consulting group, AUG, mentions several academic reasons for choosing to study in Australia:
- quality of scientific research
- variety of specialist institutions
- innovative teaching styles
- many services and support for international students
- global acceptance of Australian higher education standards
Lifestyle: The Australian lifestyle known for being relaxed. This is great news for students hoping to improve their studies in a laid back environment. Australia considers its cultural diversity one of its greatest strengths. Other lifestyle benefits for international students include:
- a safe environment
- a multicultural community
- many unqiue travel choices within the country
- exciting cities
- flexibility to work part time up to 20 hours per week and full-time during holidays
Cost: When it comes to costs, Australia compares favorably with other top destination countries for international students.
- Estimated living expenses: AU$12,000 to AU$18,000 per year
- Average Undergraduate course fees: AU$10,000 to AU$16,500 per year.
- Average Graduate course fees: AU$11,000 to AU$18,500 per year.
- Course duration: 3-4 years for undergraduate courses and 1 or more years for postgraduate courses
Are you currently enrolled at an Australian school? Let us know why YOU love studying in Australia in the comments below!